Saturday, July 13, 2013

iTunes Saturday - My Succotash Wish

It's been a long week. Not just work-wise, though this week put me through my paces. I'm still not used to coming home and not hearing Diesel meowing for food before I've had the chance to put my key in the door. No kitty trying to knock over a plate of food so he can munch a French fry. No soft pawing of the nose to get one of us out of bed in the morning for feeding time.

So to dispel some of the sadness, I used my WABAC Machine to retrieve a classic from the 80s. I vividly remember this song from my freshman year at Humboldt. Not only was someone blasting it across the quad at all hours of the day (and night), the song became our road trip anthem as a group of students from the dorms -- sorry, "residence halls" -- drove to San Francisco to see the new musical Les Misérables at the Curran Theatre. The tune played at least once every 45 minutes during the five-hour drive, and we cranked up the volume and sang along as loud and as proud and as silly as college freshmen can be. It was full of funk and dance grooves, and you couldn't help to smile when you heard it. The song? Groove Is in the Heart from Deee-Lite:

Deee-Lite - Groove Is In The Heart from Uporot on Vimeo.

2 comments:

simpleandgayforward said...

I love this too! A similar fun craziness that's memorable as well is the B-52s from around the same time I think.

Tiffany said...

This is great!