Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Scary Mary!

I decided to finally try one of the TMI question lists posted by Sean over at Just a Jeep Guy. Scary stuff sounded like fun, and with what I enjoying reading and writing, the topic seemed right up my alley.

THAT SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF ME!

1. Do you scare easily? Yes, actually. I've always been a skeerdy cat.

2. Do you believe in ghosts, spirits, etc.? Yes, though I've never experienced or witnessed a real one. Disney's Haunted Mansion doesn't count, does it?

3. What's the scariest movie you've ever seen? Hmmm.... Back when it was first released, Poltergeist scared the crap out of me. I slept with the lights on for almost a month and always checked under my bed for that hideous clown.

4. Are you scared of things lurking under the bed? Not as much as when I was younger, but sometimes the uncertainty returns unannounced.

5. Do you look in the backseat before you get into your car? Sometimes....

6. What's the scariest actual/real event you've experienced? When I was about 5 years old, my family visited Devil's Postpile National Monument. It began snowing, so much that we could barely see in front of us, so we turned around to head back to the camper. Along the way, we passed a German shepherd that growled and barked at me. I clung tighter to my Mom as we walked a wide arc away from it, but somehow, the dog's leash broke, and he headed directly for me, barking up a storm. I ran and was eventually tackled by the dog who clamped his jaws on my face. I don't remember who pulled him off me, but I've never liked German shepherd's since.

7. Do you have nightmares? Not that I recall....

8. Do you have any phobia's such as heights, bugs, dogs or cats, flying, etc.? Sometimes, the fear of the dark manifests itself if I must spend the night alone.

2 comments:

Ur-spo said...

You can take Henrik for a weekend, although he hasn't been around for many months -no doubt he is planning some outrage.

SEAN said...

That scene with the clown when he first he covers it with his coat and misses and later he looks under the bed.... Still gets me!