Saturday, February 02, 2013

Bits and Pieces

- A large flock of parakeets calls part of 4th Street in Long Beach home. Usually, they spend much of their time far from downtown. But this morning, I spotted two of them noisily flying about the trees near our apartment.


- Squirrels really do look like gigantic rats with big, furry tails


- Jennifer Lawrence is going to win an Oscar for her role in Silver Linings Playbook


- No Tupperware parties this weekend -- finally


- My parents are finally getting rid of their few remaining 8-track tapes which had been hidden in their attic for about 10 years.


3 comments:

Ur-spo said...

8 tracks!
How mod and groovy they once were. Amazing.

Pua; Bakin' and Tendin' Bar said...

I used to have a portable 8-Track player by Panasonic. It had a t-shaped handle at the top that you pushed down to change the track. I remember listening to my uncle's Lee Greenwood/Nancy Sinatra tape over and over again. I'm sure I listened to tons more, but for some reason, that one really sticks in my brain. Oh heavens, I'm old.

Greg said...

Ur-spo: I told my parents to sell them!

Pua: we loved listening to 8-tracks on our camping trips. The Carpenters, John Denver, even KISS. It was fun driving through Yosemite with Dynasty blasting through the RVs speakers.