Saturday, December 29, 2012

Favorite Reads of 2012

“There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them.” ― Joseph Brodsky

I sorted through all the books that I read during the past twelve months. Some are new titles; some are classics. Some LGBT. Many horror (especially zombie-related). And I even read two non-fiction titles. (Don't ask me how that happened.) Forty-four books in all. From that pile, I've created three lists of my favorite reads from 2012. Without further ado....

Favorite LGBT Reads of 2012

  1. The Irreversible Decline of Eddie Socket by John Weir
  2. Better Angel by Richard Meeker
  3. Death of a Pirate King by Josh Lanyon
  4. Eat Your Heart Out by Dayna Ingram
  5. Frontiers by Michael Jensen

Favorite Horror Reads of 2012

  1. Autumn: Aftermath by David Moody
  2. Ghosts by C├ęsar Aira
  3. Children of the Night by Dan Simmons
  4. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
  5. The Killing Floor by Craig DiLouie

Favorite Reads of 2012

  1. It Can't Happen Here by Sinclair Lewis
  2. The Irreversible Decline of Eddie Socket by John Weir
  3. The Last Policeman by Ben Winters
  4. Autumn: Aftermath by David Moody
  5. The Children's Blizzard by David Laskin
  6. The Sisters Brothers by Patrick Dewitt
  7. Little Brother by Cory Doctorow
  8. Ice Palace by Edna Ferber
  9. Better Angel by Richard Meeker
  10. You Can Get Arrested for That by Rich Smith

What are some of your favorites from 2012?

2 comments:

Bob said...

Thanks for your lists.
I am always on the lookout for some new reads and love when people share their favorites.
I'll be checking some of these out.

Harper's Keeper said...

Great recommendations I am sure. I wish I could say I read 20 books in 2012. There is a resolution in the making for 2013.