Monday, December 24, 2012

Favorite CDs of 2012

Once again, it's time for Favorites lists: books, movies, music, etc. so I've culled together my list of Favorite CDs from 2012. (Yes, I said CDs because I still don't own an iPad, iPhone or iPod.) These are CDs that were released and that I purchased during 2012 -- keyword being and. The music covers different genres as well as different countries because I'm eclectic like that.

Anyway....

My 10 Favorite CDs from 2012 are:

  1. Strangeland from Keane
  2. Radio Music Society from Esperanza Spalding
  3. Gossamer from Passion Pit
  4. Vows from Kimbra
  5. Sounds from Nowheresville from The Ting Tings
  6. Walk the Moon from Walk the Moon
  7. A Joyful Noise from Gossip
  8. Not Your Kind of People from Garbage
  9. Magic Hour from Scissor Sisters
  10. Valtari from Sigur Rós

I've been a Keane fan since their debut album Hopes and Fears in 2004. I was wondering if they'd peaked, though, after the release of Night Train in 2010. It felt so lackluster and sounded so different from the rest of their music that I wasn't a fan of the disc. But this year, they came back strong with Strangeland, and I think I played it for two months straight, refusing to remove the disc from my car's player. So here's a video from my favorite song on the CD, Disconnected:

3 comments:

Ur-spo said...

I always enjoy these; I find a few new 'gems' this way !

Harper's Keeper said...

I feel so old! There is disc on the list I know and I've heard of only one of the performers.

On the other hand, all my old music is on an iPod or iPhone so there is hope for me.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Prolific purveyor of up to date pop culture. Impressive.