Thursday, November 08, 2012

Into the Wild Blue Yonder

I should be in the air by the time this posts, wending my way to Atlanta with a stopover in Salt Lake City. (Why I have to go Northeast to go Southeast is a mystery to me.) This means I will be in the air for at least 8 hours. Luckily, I have a book or two -- The Bostonians by Henry James and A Dog's Ransom by Patricia Highsmith -- not to mention a notepad with pages of information about a new short story that I need to get out of my head. Zombies and movie stars...should be interesting.

It's a work-related trip -- my second such this year -- so much of my time will be in meetings and training sessions. But being a Foursquare addict, I also have my route planned out to obtain the coveted Atlanta badge so I have quite a bit to cram in before my return flight Saturday afternoon. (Like any good writer visiting Atlanta, I plan on stopping by the Margaret Mitchell House which isn't too far from the office.)

Image from Foursquare Atlanta.

1 comment:

Erik said...

Wow, strange route! Hope you have fun!