Monday, April 09, 2012

A to Z Favorite Book Meme

I borrowed this from A Guy's Moleskine Notebook one, because I love books, and two, because I wanted to see if I could name at least one favorite book that I've read that begins with each letter of the alphabet.

A: Autumn: Aftermath by David Moody
B: Best Actress by John Kane
C: Confessions of a Failed Southern Lady by Florence King
D: The Decameron by Giovanni Boccaccio
E: e by Matt Beaumont
F: Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
G: A Good and Happy Child by Justin Evans
H: The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson
I: In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
J: Just an Ordinary Day by Shirley Jackson
K: Kiss of the Spider Woman by Manuel Puig
L: Like People in History by Felice Picano
M: The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury
N: No Exit by Jean-Paul Sartre
O: One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez
P: The Pastures of Heaven by John Steinbeck
Q: Quatrefoil by James Barre
R: Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi
S: The Sea of Tranquility by Paul Russell
T: The Turn of the Screw by Henry James
U: The Ungodly by Richard Rhodes
V: Virgins and Martyrs by Simon Magnin
W: We by Yevgeny Zemyatin
X: --
Y: The Year the Yankees Lost the Pennant by Douglas Wallop
Z: Zombiality edited by Bill Tucker

Definitely not as easy as I thought it would be. I can't think of a book title beginning with an X that I've ever read....

2 comments:

Ur-spo said...

you should write the "X" title book.

Matt said...

Greg, thanks for posting. This is, as usual, a great reference list for me because I have always derived reading ideas from you.

I need to read Paul Russell, whom is read and loved by several of my coffee buddies.

The Haunting of Hill House is a great one.

What type of books does Richard Rhodes write? I should also put him on the list.

X is difficult for me. My poetry reading from college rescued that one.